Friday 21 October 2011

Another One Bites The Dust


Well ladies and gentlemen, that’s it. Another year gone... Today I turned 20 years young (happy birthday to me), and it couldn't have come at a better time. 

What a week! Here at St Lawrence College in the IMC program we had one big test, and about five major projects due in the same week. And thank goodness its over! Pulling a few all-nighters, saying no to a few outings with friends because there's was a paper due in the morning and I had not even started. Yeah that was one hell of a week. It defiantly showed me that my terrible habit of procrastination has got to go! And soon!

"What can I do with 1 massive hangover, 2 unwritten pages of homework, and 3 hours till they are due..."

That was the first thing that I posted today as my Facebook status. And you know what, I got them handed in on time. But that is defiantly the last time I leave homework till the last minute. 

Procrastination: the putting off or delaying of an action to a later time. 

There is a great article I found about taking my procrastination and mastering it in a positive way. It got me to thinking, what if I could get a handle on my own habit...

And so the challenge begins. Starting today it’s a new slate. As you all as my witnesses, I Sydne Smythe, am challenging myself with becoming a master of procrastination (in the positive way of course).  

So here is to the next 20 years, and to the challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment